A downloadable audio effect plugin for Windows and macOS
Emergence occurs when an entity is observed to have properties its parts do not have on their own, properties or behaviors which emerge only when the parts interact in a wider whole.
This plugin is a real-time granulator. It continuously records the input signal into a buffer. The content of the buffer is played back as many short pieces of sound called grains. Up to 600 grains can be generated in 4 streams, each having it's own set of parameters that control grain generation.
A single grain is not that interesting. The most exciting things happen when hundreds of overlapping grains play together, creating anything from complex delay patterns to strange noises to beautiful layered soundscapes.
- Up to 600 grains (depending on your CPU).
- 4 grain generation streams with independent parameters.
- Modulation system with LFOs, Macros and parameter randomization.
- High quality grain pitch transposition (+/- 24 semitones).
- Freeze buffer contents.
- Built-in help (hover over controls and see text at the bottom).
- Resizable UI.
- VST3 and AU format available.
- Name your own price
- Windows 10 / macOS 10.9 or newer
- Host with AU or VST3 support (64-bit only, VST 2 is not supported)
- OpenGL 3 or higher
Sign up to my newsletter to get notified about updates and new projects here
If you like the plugin you can also support my work on Patreon
overview / demo by venus theory:
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- v1.0.0-beta.4 - Preset browser and new modulators2 days ago
- Emergence v1.0-beta.3 - UI improvementsAug 30, 2022
- Emergence v1.0-beta.2 - ADSR grain envelopesJul 24, 2022
- Emergence update v0.3.2 and beta newsJun 26, 2022
- Emergence v1.0 beta.1 updateMay 22, 2022
- Emergence v1.0 beta availableApr 27, 2022
- Notarized installer available on macOSMar 05, 2022
- Emergence update v0.3.1Feb 21, 2022